Game of Sultans Guide: Ranking Rushes- the main goal is to explain the basic rules of spending available resources for maximum impact. This guide is written for VIP0-VIP4 players.
Date of last update: 05/11/2019.
⚠ Almost all kinds of resources( badges, books, seals, orbs etc.) must ONLY be used in an appropriate ranking rush/time-limited reward.
⚠ The main goal is to achieve STABLE maximum rewards while using minimum resources. For a VIP0-VIP4 player, this means that placing in the top 3 will be very rare.
⚠ Ranking rushes must not break your game strategy. You should not hurt your Sultan’s future chasing ranking rush event placements (for example to level up excessive viziers higher than level 59 in power rush etc).
⚠ In all ranking rushes, you will get the same prizes in the interval of ranking positions: 1, 2, 3, 4-5, 6-10 etc. So for resource-saving, it’s better to finish ranking rush in the lower end of the placement interval.
Arena ranking rush
Arena ranking rush is the most money-dependent ranking rush. You are forced to use challenge letters and raids. So don’t be upset if you can’t rank high 🙂
In the “How to level viziers” guide, we’ve already defined some strategic factors for success in the arena.
- Minimize Total No. of Viziers – this will reduce point loss after enemy attacks;
- Minimize Total No. Viziers higher than Level 59 – this will increase the chance of getting a strong vizier to fight with in the Arena;
- Open 10 Imperial seats as soon as possible and put viziers in to learn constantly – this will give you a high PVP-level to 10 viziers;
- Use skill XP packs to level up PVP-skill level of 1-2 viziers – this will give you 1-2 competitive viziers. Do purchase skill XP packs in union store.
- Collect enough PVP seals – to be able to use all additional battle attempts;
- Collect enough challenge letters – to be able to “revenge” other players effectively. You can make challenge letters in special events by combining one PVP seal with 180 diamonds;
- Collect enough tokens for temporary bonuses – to be able to buy the second-level bonus every time;
- Use all available skill XP packs – PVP skill level of your viziers is needed, not only for attacks but for defense too;
- Collect information about other Sultans strong viziers – to use your attacks effectively.
- Spend your first attack as late as possible – because you can’t get a negative score in personal arena ranking. So you should get all of your points at the end of the day. You should follow this rule in following days if you’ve gotten unlucky with a small number of points;
- Change bad opponents with challenge letter – if you’ve got a bad opponent to fight, you can try to change them by using a challenge letter on a different opponent. After the revenge, you will get a new random opponent;
- Monitor the situation in ranking and chase your competitors by challenge letters/edicts – don’t forget that your opponents lose their points when you attack them. So you can challenge your competitor directly (and edict takes 2 points off instead of 1). This will allow you to overtake them.
Intimacy ranking rush
- VIP-players have an increased limit of Masquerading – therefore, they get more intimacy by refreshing using energy orbs;
- VIP-players have daily fortune bonus – so they have a higher fortune than VIP0 and can get more intimacy by refreshing masquerades using energy orbs.
- Collect intimacy rewarding items;
- Get all envoys;
- Use masquerades first – if you do masquerade and have enough fortune;
- Use other items on the last day of rush – to spend the minimum no. of resources needed to get prizes;
- If you plan on getting O’Malley, then save up to the maximum – do not spend any resources at all, until you can compete in O’Malley rush.
Union XP ranking rush
- Save up items with union experience – you can use it in the last minutes of rush;
- Save up silver and gold union badges;
- Save up PvE seals – to have an option to set additional viziers in union voyages.
- Close union voyages;
- Do union contribution – if your union isn’t full or members can’t contribute 200 diamonds, you should use twinks, joining union, making a contribution and then leaving.
Consort XP ranking rush
In “How to level viziers” guide we’ve already defined some strategic factors of success in consort XP rush:
- Minimize total no. of consorts – to get the maximum probability of visiting consort with the largest charm;
- Gift all charm items to chosen consort – because of the consort XP formula, that has a quadratic dependence from charm.
- VIP-players has a higher limit of consort visit attempts – and they get more experience by using vigor orbs;
- VIP-players has a higher level of sultan’s boost “Lovebirds” – and they get more experience from x7 multiplier.
- Save up enough vigor orbs.
- Use vigor orbs on the last day of rush – after you have gotten all charm bonuses from envoys.
Expend soldiers ranking rush
- Save up enough soldier seals, imperial affairs seals, levy seals.
- If your Campaign chapter is less than 180 – spend soldiers in Campaign. If you do not have enough combat power to kill a boss, you can use a PvE seal or wait for a new day;
- Otherwise, you should spend soldiers in Vanquish.
Power, talents, consume gold ranking rushes
These rushes are about power, so we will look at them together.
Talent ranking rush
This rush is ONLY about talent increase. In this rush, it doesn’t matter how much power you get, so you should minimize power income from talent growth.
And you must notice that in this rush you can get more The Four badges in rewards than any other rush event.
- Maximize your Arena book experience income – so you will get maximum book experience for talents with low power. Take advices from “How to level viziers“ guide;
- Try to grow vizier talents BEFORE levelling him up – to get a minimum power.
- Save up enough talent badges, almighty badges, book XP packs;
- You should buy all available book XP packs from the union store.
- Spend resources to talents with the lowest power gain;
- Level up talents with book XP or almighty badges at end of rush – to get target prize placement with lower resource spend.
Power Ranking Rush
This rush is about empire power, gained from all kinds of ways. So, you should level up vizier when it come along with consume gold rush for example. Assuming you can calculate by your own power income from your resources we will skip this calculation and only sort resource spending ways, ordered by losing effectivenes (if you spend them in another rush for example).
- Maximize power income from your resources – please, read our guide about viziers and consorts leveling.
- Save up all resources that help you to get power.
Resource spend order:
- Level up your research, politics, prestige viziers – to not lose resource income from levy, affairs etc.
Important: you should level up viziers only in combination with the gold rush, or if you have enough gold already;
- Level up your military viziers – to increase your combat power. Important: you should level up viziers only in combination with the gold rush, or if you have enough gold already;
- Use research, politics, prestige books – to not lose resource income from levy, affairs etc;
- Use consort XP or pearls to increase research, politics, prestige attributes – to not lose resource income from levy, affairs etc;
- Spend your The Four and The Five badges to get a vizier or harmony – same reason, but you will get military income too;
- Use consort XP or pearls to increase your military attributes – At most, military attributes only help to reduce soldier loss in Campaign and Vanquish, so you can save them for a long time without serious damage to sultan’s growth;
- Use military books – same reason.
Minor power income ways:
- Levelling up heirs by using vitality orbs;
- Children marriages by rings.
Consume gold ranking rush
- Save up enough gold seals, imperial affairs seals, levy seals.
Spend resource ways order:
- Levelling up a viziers – IMPORTANT: only in combination with Power Rush.
- Heir dispatch in Imperial Council – to get talent tomes;
- Do not use gold to level up the cannon – it’s useless.
Cross server ranking rushes
Now we have the power and intimacy cross server rushes.
Players with VIP4+ might be interested only in Grace O’Malley. The reasoning is in “How to level viziers” guide. All other cross server rush viziers aren’t good enough to spend so many resources on them (if you’re not VIP6+, of course).
Cross-server rush rules are simple:
- If you’re saving up for O’Malley, you should not spend intimacy at all, until you’re able to compete in cross-server rush;
- You should at least qualify for cross-server rush( achieve top 100 in server rush);
- In a cross-server rush you can use the same guidelines as for server rush.
Since 05 november 2019 power fund isn’t worth to buy it with diamonds.
Same rules as for rushes.
You must not spend resources, that you require in rush not in rush. Even if it is in Time-limited rewards. Only exceptions are resources that you have got enough of. For example gold, that is enough to compete in consume gold rush, you can use in time-limited rewards to get first prizes.
This guide doesn’t describe all ranking rush and time-limited rewards options, because they change a little from time to time.